2019 Aon Maadi Cup Notices - Sitemap -
Welcome to the New Zealand Secondary Schools Rowing Association website. This site is here to provide schools and school rowers with an easily accessed resource of information about schools rowing in New Zealand.
Annual General Meeting Sunday March 24, Karapiro
The Annual General Meeting of the New Zealand Secondary Schools Rowing Association was held at Karapiro on Sunday 24 March 2019 in the Don Rowlands Centre. The DRAFT Minutes for the 2019 AGM are now available online. You can also download a copy (.pdf).
Some items of note arising from the AGM include:
- Trudy Keys finished her final term as President of NZSSRA Inc. Trudy was also President of NZSSRA prior to incorporation. And, in total, led the Association for 16 years.
Janey Wackrow has been elected as Trudy's replacement. But Trudy remains engaged with NZSSRA governance, as a member of the Board.
- Schools Committee has new members:
- Janey Wackrow joins the Committee ex officio, representing the Board in her role as the new NZSSRA President.
- Cathy Ewing (NCOG Principal) replaces Lindy Graham, as an appointed Committee member.
- The Safety System has been tidied up.
- During general business:
- COLU rasied the possiblility of a bereavement Rule being developed
- WSSRA expressed interest in seeing U17 Pair events. And WSSRA asked for the pairs to be considered for exhibition events. A straw poll showed strong support for this.
2019 Championships Regattas NISSC, SISSC, Maadi